Re: Online quoting - some statistics from Materialise

From: Steven Adler \( A3DM \) (adler@a3dm.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 05:58:34 EET

Timely Thread

As a re-seller for MagicsRP, I recently considered this product for my
service bureau. The nicest aspect of the product is the client software
which performs stl analysis before processing an estimate. This client
front-end, what I would call "file inspection and preparation data" then
uses the server programs with a minimal data set to estimate a job.
Unfortunately, the server side of this application is somewhat specific to
the type of equipment used by Materialise, being primarily SLA.

My hope is that Materialise would decide to de-bundle the client application
so that other proprietary estimators can be interfaced to new server
programming specific to the manufacturer.

On the whole, I can tell you that there is some pretty impressive
programming in this product. As usual, Materialise sets a high bar for a
competitive product.....and are lucky to have some very talented programmers

Steven Adler CEO
Automated 3D Modeling
adler@a3dm.com
www.a3dm.com