Re: New RP System for less than $30K - limitations

From: Somatech, Bart Mol (bart.mol@somatech.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 14:52:18 EET

Stepdowns of 0.012" are not available. It has 2 resolutions; Draft mode
(0.013" or 0.033 mm and Standard mode - layer thickness is then 0.010 inches
or 0.254 mm. I have seen parts, they are equally good as what Prodigy
builds (at same slice thickness of course).

 It is correct that the extrusion nozzle diameter is 0.012"

Support system is of the Stratasys BASS (break away support system) type,
which is also used for all the other FDM systems. It is only difficult for
very complex parts - where you do not good access with hands or tools.

With kind regards,

Bart Mol
Product Manager Stratasys
Somatech Applicaties B.V.