RPC Resins

From: Huck, John (jhuck@cessna.textron.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 21:11:06 EET

I'm looking to the RPML for help? Here at Cessna Aircraft in Wichita,
Kansas we have a SLA5000 running Vantico's SL5195 resin. We would like to
change to a RPC resin that eliminates the 30 second pre-dip delay required
by the SL5195 resin. Before we change over I would like to get information
from other SLA5000 users who are also using the RPC resins such as the 100ND
or 300ND. Some general questions we have are listed below. I would like to
ask more detailed questions directly so please email me call at the number
listed.

        Has any SLA5000 users used RPC100 ND or RPC300 ND for investment
castings? More specifically for thin walled (.040 to .100) castings?

        Does RPC300 ND resin need post curing? If so, how is this done? Do
the parts warp in this post processing? Do the parts become very brittle?

John L. Huck, Jr.
Cessna Aircraft Company
5800 East Pawnee
Wichita, Kansas 67218