RE: Porn and spam on PR mailing list

From: Erkut Negis (erkut@innotek.com.tr)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 18:04:11 EET

Yes, it is very good and I think practically applicable idea.

For example, Yahoogroups has a utility to approve or reject membership applications... In addition to that list moderator or owner has right to give moderation to new (unknown, unproven) members specifically.

However now, to send spam mail, one can easily (automatically) be a member of rp-ml and send them without any modertion.

Regards

Erkut Negis