prints on UV-curable acrylates

From: Yanyan Tang (yyan_tang@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 01:13:48 EET

Dear list,

I post this question for my friend in Corning Cable
Systems to ask for your kind help.

They use UV curable material to cable (buffer)optical
fibers. They do this by covering a bunch of optical
fibers with UV acrylate, then use UV lamps to cure the
acrylate to form a jacket covering the optical fibers.
 Then, for identification purpose, They print on the
jacket, which is the cured UV material.

The problem they have is that the prints are easy to
be wiped off the jacket with alcohol (ispropanol). My
friend has been looking at ways to make the prints
stay better. But he seems to be held back. I would
greatly appreciate it if anybody could give any hints.

Best regards,
Yanyan

Yanyan Tang
325807 Georgia Tech Station