RE: stl slicing

From: Charles Overy (cwho@mountainmax.net)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 19:55:44 EET

John

We have done this on occasion with our laser cutter.
It is easy to do s with either FormZ or Rhino without having to go to a
seccond program. Form Z has a single command. Rhino is a little bit more
complicated but not really difficult. Greg Pettengill showed me this I
think. The resulting slicing paths can then be manually arranged on the
stock and the output sent to whatever you are sending it to. We create a
plot file using Winline which is a plotter driver program.

I remember that there are some more sophisticated programs that will do this
but if you don't need to do a whole lot this is a good way.

Best

Charles