Re: Solid Freeform Fabrication

From: Mark and Gary (London2001@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 04:59:55 EET

As an ex-stockbroker, I was exposed to hundreds of brokerage firms out there
that can be approached for project funding and start up capital.

These brokers are small, mom and pop, specialty firms for the most part that
nobody ever hears about....but they are approachable. The public generally
hears of venture capitalists and the major big name Wall Street firms... but
there
are also the wanna-bes, the very small firms that may listen to your
pleas (you can get a list from the National Association of Security
Dealrers, directory of members). They may or may not be able to help, but
you certainly can pitch them about needing capital and wave the prospect of
their profit participation in the venture and they may get on board. One
alternative that these small (stock) brokerage firms have is to package
your proposal more professionally, cut themselves in on the profit
participation, and take your proposal to a larger fish... a true venture
capital firm.

A second way to go is to approach the end user for your product and see if
they want to invest in a partnership/equity relationship with you. Under
that proposal
all your previous clients become potential investors. You pitch your own
clients to become part owners.

Gary Childress
retired broker
Whittier, California