I'm Looking for a RP Machine...

From: Scott Nelson (scott@colpittsdesign.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 01:26:14 EET

 Hi All,

 My Company is in the market for a Rapid Prototyping Machine, I know
that there are a lot of competing technologies out there and I need to
sift through them all.

To narrow the field down the machine should be capable of building
plastic (prefer ABS - alternately nylon or PVC) parts pretty quickly.

A build envelope of 12x x 8y x 6z would be adequate. A price below 40k
US$ would also be nice, a table top machine would also be a bonus.

Do any existing technologies fit these requirements? I use to own a
helisys 1015 plus so I'm not a huge fan of lamination technology.

Please let me know what you think.

 Scott Nelson
Colpitts Design
Ontario, Canada