STONE SOUP

From: Bibb, Richard (PDR) (RBibb-pdr@uwic.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 11:53:06 EET

Dear Paul, Ian and list,

I created a computerised RP selection system for my PhD. I'm not really a
very good programmer so it was somewhat cobbled together but it did work.

The intention for this piece of software was to help people to decide which
system to use in a given situation, not actually assess RP systems.

The problem with trying to come up with a system that evaluates RP systems
is that it is in danger of comparing apples and bananas and not apples and
apples. I suggest that a practical way forward is to compare RP system
capabilities to product development objectives rather than comparing all RP
systems to each other.

Having said all that I am more than happy to get involved and try to develop
something useful.

regards,
Richard

___________________________________