Need File for Electric Guitar body.

From: Glen Young (Glen.Young@lakelandmold.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 18:43:44 EET

Greetings all,

I am wondering if anyone has a file of a Gibson Les Paul style electric guitar body. It's just for a hobby. I need to replace a body on an "Aims" brand guitar that's a Les Paul knock off. This guitar has a bolt-on neck, unlike the true Les Pauls. I tried to reverse engineer the arch top shape on this guitar using a Faro Arm and fitting polylines then surfaces through the point cloud. It was pretty shakey. I also used some demo software to convert it to an STL file. Like I said, results were pretty shakey.

If someone doesn't have the file already, I'm wondering if someone with similar interests would like to scan the exisiting body and produce a file. I could even exchange that work for cutting an end product for the volunteer that does the reverse engineer. I plan on making a body out of multiple woods (maple & mahogany?) instead of the existing lower grade mahogany on the guitar body.

Thanks in advance,

Glen Young