Removal of ceramic from aluminium castings

From: Trident Steels (tridentsteels@rediffmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 03:54:32 EET

Gentlemen, We are an investment casting foundry, producing steel and copper based investment castings. We are experimenting with the production of aluminium alloy investment castings. Our primary coat is Zircon slurry and zircon sand. The backup coats are siliminite slurry and siliminite grits. We take a total of 6 coats. We face the problem of ceramic removal especially from deep recesses/pockets. Castings break from the cluster during Pneumatic Knockout. Can you suggest any means of getting rid of the ceramic from the castings totally? we look forward to your replies. Hemant B. Kamat Trident Steels url: http://www.tridentsteels.com email:tridentsteels@rediffmail.com