RP&T not ready for making EDM electrodes at all.....

From: b.kooijmans@ind.tno.nl
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 14:30:33 EET

Dear list members,

We are currently working on a project, which focuses on using RP&T to
generate EDM (spark erosion) electrodes. The last few years we have visited
a lot of international congresses, we have seen the results of many research
projects. Electroplating RP-models, casting Cu, trying to SLS a whole
variety of materials. We decided to see whether any of those had become
applicable yet. We found funding to run EDM tests on all different offered
techniques. Thus we Emailed most of the people who had been working on these
projects, and placed a request on the RPML inviting people to quote on our
test-model. Doing so we also promised to make the results available to the
list.
So: The only three (?) who dared to take the challenge: Caproin Spain,
Keltool, and Stratoconception France! After all that has been said about
this subject on the RPML we had hoped for some more response. Conclusion:
Apparently there is a lot of research to be done for RP&T to become serious
EDM electrode-producers, which are commercially competitive in time and
costs compared to conventional techniques.... Suggestions and / or remarks
are welcome, even as people who want to give it a try after all....

Best regards to all,

Bart Kooijmans

Ing. N.M.J.P. Kooijmans

Prototyping and Tooling engineer
TNO Industrial Technology
Department Industrial Prototyping Project:
007.30112/01.01
P.O. Box 6235
5612 AP Eindhoven (Netherlands)
Tel. (+31) 040-26 50 128,
Fax (+31) 040-26 50 678
E-mail b.kooijmans@ind.tno.nl <mailto:b.kooijmans@ind.tno.nl>
15-11-01

Visit TNO-Industrial Prototyping and Tooling at:
http://www.ind.tno.nl/en/who_we_are/prototyping/index.html