Re: problem on DTM's Sintersation 2000 system.

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 18:19:23 EEST

UNIX??? Man, that brings back memories (most of them bad). The Windows OS version of the DTM software had (or has) a bug that when improperly shut down (fatal error, build crash, or some other appropriate phrase) will not delete a file in the /dtm/bin directory. This file makes the computer think you are setting up a build. Once the file is manually deleted, you can continue on. Word of warning, don't delete unless you are 100% sure. I think the file has like $ or # or $%!*^%$>>?! ! at the beginning of the file name. (Kinda looks like a computer cuss word.)

The other option. . . You may be through with your UNIX days and may need to upgrade the computer, the OS, and the DTM software. Much cheaper than scrapping the machine.

David K. Leigh ph (254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies, Inc. fax (254) 298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services www.harvest-tech.com