FW: STL

From: Andrzejewski, Jan (jan.rp@pera.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 15:54:31 EEST

I would agree with Lex

It is a bit like some IGES files that I have received from many different
sources over the years some are .IGE and others .IGS

They are just file extension conventions and do not form different acronyms

Also .SLI is the file extension for the slice program output file.
Though someone will probably say that it stands for 'Slice Language
Interface' format.

I have failed to find any 3D Systems publication that has stated that STL
stands for any acronym other that StereoLithography file.

Jan Andrzejewski
RP Project Manager
Pera Technology
Pera Innovation Park t + 44 (0) 1664 501501
Melton Mowbray f + 44 (0) 1664 501556
Leicestershire e mailto:jan.rp@pera.com
LE13 OPB w http://www.pera.com
England