Re: Raising Liquid Levels in SLA250

From: Jeng (jeng@ece.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 03:55:44 EEST

We have developed a special liquid, which is really cheap (only several
dollars a gallon) in comparison with photo-polymer used in the SLA system.
Its density is higher than that of photo-polymer, so it always stays beneath
the photo-polymer. It has been physically and chemically tested using DSPC
for its stability with photo-polymer. We found it is very stable. In fact,
this liquid has been used at National Taiwan University of Science and
Technology in Taiwan for a while to developed Masked RP system. The
photo-polymer we used is from Japan Autostrade. This resin is cured in the
visible wavelength range. We have not tried it in the SLA system yet. If you
are interested in this liquid or would like to cooperate to test it in the
SLA system, please feel free to contact me.

With best regards,

Visiting Scholar
Professor Jeng-Ywan Jeng
Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9560
Office: 805.893.2723
Fax: 805.893.5440
jeng@ece.ucsb.edu

Professor Jeng-Ywan Jeng
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Office: +886-2-27376466
Fax: +886-2-27376460
jeng@mail.ntust.edu.tw