RE: Raising Liquid Levels in SLA250

From: Zubrickie, Robert F (bob@tycoelectronics.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 17:02:27 EEST

Michael,
        During these cutback times I have been forced to raise my resin
levels just to make parts on a daily bases. I removed approximately one
gallon of resin and put aluminum blocks in the bottom of my vat. This will
take up the volume. Then as you start you machine you can use the removed
resin to top off the resin level. Be very careful when doing this. If the
SLA machine goes through a full initialization you will break your Z axes
elevator. The second thing you must keep in mind is when you run your
machine; you can not run any parts larger than the distance from the top of
your submerged blocks to the top of your resin. If you do your z axis will
also crash as well. When you are done with using up your resin contact me. I
am looking for cheep resin. (RPC100HC, 8110, SL5220)

TYCO / ELECTRONICS
        Global Communications, Computer & Consumer Electronics Business Unit