SLS "Leaning" parts

From: RP Scott (powderparts@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 15:32:04 EEST

I've had some recent runs of parts that had a bad tendency to "lean."

The parts' apparent Z-axis wasn't exactly perpendicular to their slices in
the XY plane.

I was looking to find out if other people had experience with this
phenomenon and would be willing to share information with me.

My own theories have to do with uneven thermal distribution on the material
surface. I think these cause deformation to show up more on builds that
aren't very tall but have extremely long build times.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

RP Scott