Laser upgrade of SLA-500

From: Chang-Shik Min (mcs9413@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 16:22:27 EEST

  Dear RP professionals:

I have run a SLA-500 from 3D Systems Inc. for over 7 years.
In spite of its relatively good performance,some problems associated with
maintenance have always bothered me.
That's why I am almost determined to replace Argon gas laser with
solid-state
laser.
I,however,am very afraid that the solid-state laser can not show such
reliability and performance as Argon gas laser does.
Is there anybody who has experienced solid-state laser replacement on
SLA-500 ?
I am in a desperate need of your precious comments before replacing laser.
Any comments you could give me would be greatly apprecited.
Thanx in advance.