Re: Molecular Modeling

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 03:27:17 EEST

Rob,

    The foremost expert on all kinds of digital scientific modeling is Mike Bailey at UC San Diego. Check out his Web site at www.SDSC.edu/~mjb.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
President, Ennex Corporation

Marshall@Ennex.com
Los Angeles, USA, (310) 397-1314
http://www.Ennex.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rob Connelly
  To: RP-ML
  Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2001 17:03
  Subject: Molecular Modeling

  Hello all,

  I have a question for the list regarding molecular modeling. I have a client who is interested in modeling protein molecules and turning them into RP parts. There is even interest in doing this in color (Z-Corp machine.) My question concerns getting .stl files (or other format that can ultimately lead to RP parts) out of molecular modeling packages. Does anyone have any experience with a software package that is designed for this type of modeling and which can also output useful files? My client uses Molecular Simulations' Insight package as well as Grasp. They have said that they would switch to another package if it will facilitate getting this done.

  I will summarize what I learn from this thread and repost. Thanks in advance.

  Rob Connelly
  FineLine Prototyping, Inc.
  6300 Limousine DR
  Suite 130