RE: STL file of a cat

From: KDenton@williams-int.com
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 15:07:22 EEST

William and all,

Poser is designed to make 3D images for animation and other such work. I
have been writing files out and converting them to stl. What ever the
subject is (human or animal) you can manipulate and change the figure and
then write and convert the fie to stl. The root program costs $249 and you
should purchase the Pro Pack which is $199 (I think). Files of object can
be purchased from a web company called DAZ3D. Links to both are below:

http://www.curiouslabs.com/ Makers of poser
http://www.daz3d.com/ Maker/resellers of 3D Content.

I should tell you that the models that come with poser are rough! I have
spent (through ToyBuilders.com) several thousand dollars for high resolution
object which number into the 1,000s! If there is a desire I will create a CD
of stl files (I will not redistribute object files).

Karl R. Denton
Lead Engineer
RP and Casting Operations
Williams International