solid state laser

From: Hen H.C. (hchen@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 11:35:06 EEST

Dear list,

Anybody has experience transferring argon laser to solid state one with SLA machine? How long can a solid state laser stand for? Any difference from these two laser types in terms of part quality, electrical cost or anything else? Any technical issue should be paid attention to?

Our company is running SLA500/40, located outside U.S. and all of our resin, laser tube and technical support come from 3D directly, which makes us afraid of not receiving services from 3D once they say the machine problem is due to laser change, not related with their hardware.

Appreciate your comments about this.

HCChen