Re: non RP - thermal conductivity of A380

From: Martin Koch (mkoch@calpoly.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 22:23:23 EEST

Hello Roy,

You can access NADCA (North American Die Casting Association) at
www.diecasting.org.
They are an excellant source of the information you are seeking.
They also have a Cd from their Diecasting Development Council called :
Searchable Technical Information CD (Version 1.0) which contains the
information you are looking for.
I'm going to try to attach a page from this CD with the information .

Have fun
martin

RoyJRATC@aol.com wrote:

> Once again, I turn to this list for an answer I cannot find in the
> real
> world. I need to get a comparison on a job I'm doing now, between the
> thermal
> conductivity of A356 (0.36 @ 25-C, CGS) & A380. My metals book does
> not list
> physical properties for diecast alloys. Go figure!
>

> Roy Sheppard, Jr.
>
> Roy Sheppard, Jr. CPMR
> Atlantic Technical Components, Inc.
> 269 Heather Lane
> Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
> 201-337-2477 || 201-337-3008 FAX
> royjratc@aol.com

Alloy Data: Aluminum Die Casting Alloy Properties