Re: SLS Parts: Alternatives to Bead blasting

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 18:46:36 EEST

Is there a specific requirement? Are there issues of contamination? We
typically do not bead blast investment casting patterns for this reason. A
vibrating media works pretty good, but can round the edges and dull or break
small features. Ultrasonic cleaning may work, but once you get water on the
powder, it's that much harder to remove. Also, getting an ultrasonic
cleaner big enough may be an issue. As far as economics, bead blasting is
quick and cheap.
David K. Leigh ph (254) 933-1000
Harvest Technologies, Inc. fax (254) 298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services www.harvest-tech.com