Quick Quoting Algorithm for Rapid Tooling

From: Chang-Shik Min (mcs9413@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 12:57:00 EEST

  Hello RP&T professionals:

I have been very interested in developing "the Quickest quoting
program(S/W)" for rapid tooling businesses using aluminum tool and other RT
processes as a RT research engineer.As you know well,there are so many Rapid
Tooling processes which are allegedly the best of all.
In this world of accelerated product development,rapid tooling business
begins with the customer's "request for quote".
No matter how fast the tooling process may be,if the quoting process doesn't
accomodate the tooling speed,then it can not be a real rapid tooling
business.

I have almost finished developing my 2nd version of "the Quickest quoting
program" which can calculate the tooling cost with a high accuracy within 10
minutes, however complex the part may be.
At this point in time,I would like to ask all of you what kind of quoting
algorithms or programs you have been adopted,and then share ideas I have
with you
for the next version of my program.

Any information and opinions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
TIA