Re: Sinterstation Window = Heat loss?

From: RP Scott (powderparts@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 18:13:00 EEST

Naw-- Scott is my name.

There's two Scott's here at work.
One is Machinist Scott
I'm RP Scott

You know. . . you can see a lot through a little slot cut into a shield.
Yes. . you have to go right up to the machine and look through it . . but It
isn't like I can see a whole heck of a lot from a couple feet away anyway.

I'm sure the new materials are better than the old ones, but I'm also sure
that some machines are worse than others as far as temperature gradients in
the build area.

On my machine, if I bring the temperature up high enough to minimize curling
on the front edge, then the rear corners end up like bricks.

(Am I too new at this to have learned that I'm not going to be able to
recycle my part cake powder at all?)

I've got a little bit of machine shop resources available.
I may experiment with some auxiliary shields or reflectors.

Anyone who is interested in the results. .. let me know.
(Also be patient. .. it may be weeks before I come up with anything)

Thanks for the replies.

"RP" Scott