There is definitely some sort of distribution problem with the list...

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 17:56:08 EEST

In a message dated Fri, 01 Jun 2001 10:43:17 +0300, you write:

At 21:35 31.5.2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Why can't I send mail to rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
That is a good question... personal reasons perhaps??? :)

//RD

>a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Dear Hannu:

There is definitely a problem posting to the list and receiving both the
complete postings, and postings which you yourself make to the list. I know
this because I receive the list using 2 different ISP's, AOL and ATT.

It seems as though some domains may be treating the mail from the list as
spam and are filtering it out at the source, or perhaps anti-feedback filters
are going awry. I've checked all my personal mail settings on AOL, they are
wide open - but I still receive less than 1/2 of the postings on this account
and almost never my own or other postings from the same domain. I don't seem
to lose mail from other sources.

It sounds like Yahoo may be doing something similar. I believe my ATT
account receives everything, but I've never made a side by side comparison to
see if it misses things that the AOL account picks up.

This problem has been going on for a long time, but in the last month or so,
it has gotten much worse. I can't be the only one experiencing this, but I
may be among the few that's aware that something's going on.

Can anything be done about this?? FWIW I will bug AOL, but any other
suggestions??

I'm going to take the afternoon off to learn to pronounce your domain name,
incidentally.

Thanks and regards,
Ed

Ed Grenda