New Product Development 3D Color Scanners

From: Harry Stoiber (harry.stoiber@arius3d.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 19:59:46 EEST

For Immediate Release

Arius3D Licenses 3D Color Imaging Technology
Only Technology that Captures Extremely Accurate Color and Geometry
Simultaneously, Resulting in Photo Realistic 3D Images

TORONTO Arius3D has exclusive license to 3D color imaging technology
developed by Canada’s National Research Council (NRC). Arius3D will call its
first application of this technology Foundation. Foundation is the only
imaging technology that simultaneously captures accurate (50 microns)
geometry and color from real-world objects, irrespective of ambient light
and without artifacts. The result is truly photo realistic 3D digital images
that can be used for CAD, Manufacturing, Measurement, Medical, Web, Game,
Film, Broadcast, Multimedia and Museums.

Prior to Arius3D, scanning methods were unable to capture the rich color and
extreme detail that is now possible with Foundation. With Foundation,
professional content creators can start with extremely detailed digital
copies of scanned objects and environments, including extremely
high-resolution, color point cloud data with visually stunning textures.

“Our group has invested 18 years of research and development in 3D digital
imaging, including eight years on the color 3D digitizing technology,” said
Jacques Domey, spokesman for the NRC. “We wanted to find a company that
could help to maximize the impact of our technology in the many imaging
markets. We felt Arius3D would be the best company to create a worldwide
demand for high-resolution 3D color images.”

JACQUES DOMEY, spokesperson for the NRC
“Our group has invested 18 years of research and development in 3D digital
imaging, including eight years on the color 3D digitizing technology,” said
Jacques Domey, spokesman for the NRC. “We wanted to find a company that
could help to maximize the impact of our technology in the many imaging
markets. We felt Arius3D would be the best company to create a worldwide
demand for high-resolution 3D color images.”

MARC LEVOY, Stanford University
“The best laser scanner in the world is at the National Research
 Council”….the Arius3D scanner.
BILL BUXTON, Chief Scientist, Alias|Wavefront
“Our assessment of the Arius3D technology indicates that it promises to
deliver the world’s leading color 3D scanner to the market, and through
this, open up a range of new markets for high resolution color scanned
 data.”

VENKAT KRISHNAMURTHY, Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder of Paraform
“I was very impressed with the accuracy of the Arius3D scan data,” said
Venkat Krishnamurthy, chief technology officer and co-founder of Paraform.
“The detail coupled with the color registration puts Arius3D at the
forefront of new scanning technologies.”

JON FJELD, President & Chief Executive Officer of Raindrop Geomagic
“The Foundation technology from Arius3D is a true breakthrough in 3D data
capture. The technology, combined with Geomagic Studio, will demonstrate the
viability of truly automated content development. Both companies are
committed to making this vision a reality by delivering practical
applications.”

Thank you for reviewing our information

Harry Stoiber

contact:
        Arius3D General Information:
http://www.Arius3D.com
Sr. Account Harry Stoiber
914 736-0060
e-mail: harry.stoiber@arius3d.com

Offices in:
Toronto, Canada Tel: 905-270-7999 Fax: 905-270-6888
                  London, England Tel: 44 (0) 20 7731 1300
Alpine, Utah Tel: 801-763-8788
Ottawa, Canada Tel: 613-748-4774