SL5240 stability/humidity resist

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 21:06:12 EEST

Dear list,
I am contemplating 3D's new SL5240 flexible resin for my SL250 he-cad machine. I am impressed by it's durability... A sample part has been sitting on top of my monitor for months and seems to be maintaining it's toughness. Does anybody have any feedback/experience as to it's humidity resistance and long term dimensional stability? What about build-ability with a doctor blade? Support cleanup? If you have experience with RPC's 600HC I'd like to hear about that too. Thanks,

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Experience is something you get right after you need it.
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company M/C 17-PE B-2T65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365