Stl file from ultrasound data or the chocolate baby discussion from 2000

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 22:44:54 EEST

>On Wed, 9 May 2001, Michelle wrote:
> > I know that this has been briefly discussed in the past, but I was
> wondering
> > if anyone had an .stl file generated from ultrasound data of a developing
> > fetus.
>Now _there's_ a market waiting to happen. Is that better than bronzed
>baby shoes, or what?

please visit the Anatomics web page

http://www.qmi.asn.au/anatomics/fetal.html

We used a 3D ultrasound to capture a fetal face, used biomodelling to
manufacture a scaled down SL biomodel and then cast it in chocolate!
This made the perfect gift for mums baby shower.
Paul D'Urso MB., BS., PhD
Anatomics
Please refer to our paper on the topic: Fetal biomodelling. Aust NZ J Obstet
Gynaecol (1998) 38:205-7.

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.

It cost about 75 cents to kill a man in Ceasar's time.
The price rose to about $3,000 per man during the Napoleonic wars;
to $5,000 in the American Civil War; and then to $21,000 per man in World
War I.
Estimates for the future wars indicate that it may cost the warring
countries not
less than $50,000 for each man killed. Senator Homer T. Bone

Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
Clemson University 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson, SC 29634-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/