Question on Solid View software

From: RoyJRATC@aol.com
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 18:16:41 EEST

Hi all - I currently use Solid View PRO 3.55 w/IGS. I have routinely taken
customers IGS files & generated an STL file (File| Save). I've had many jobs
built by a wide variety of SBs.

Conversely, I've also noticed that I could take a STL file & convert it into
an IGS file (File|Save Object As| IGES Files). Both seem to work.

Recently though, an engineer told me that Solid View can do neither
conversion. Is she right & have I been fooling myself for years?

Thanks.

Roy Sheppard, Jr.

Roy Sheppard, Jr. CPMR
Atlantic Technical Components, Inc.