RE: educational rp/research firms competing against private firms

From: Chris Sutcliffe (c.j.sutcliffe@liverpool.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 17:24:22 EEST

Dear Michael and List

That right universities aren't commercially focussed enough to compete. So
if they can't compete what is the commercial sector complaining about.
Surely the RP industry is large enough by now to cope with a few cardigan
wearing bearded loons at universities (sorry guys) taking a small share of
the market to pay for the expensive upkeep of their machines.

This small piece of the pie allows the educational sector to maintain a
modern equipment base teaching the future users of service bureaus about RP.
A good thing I'm sure you would agree.

PS I've heard my share of horror stories about commercial companies as
well........

Best Regards

Chris

Dr. Chris Sutcliffe