Re: End of Service

From: Lee Eisinger (texture@textureame.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 18:05:53 EEST

To the list:
I find the conversation about changing the rpml to another host etc. rather
interesting but needless. If some of us rise to the call by Terry Wohlers to
donate $100, "Rapid Dude" would have the funding necessary to keep the list in
place and possibly improve the list to satisfy some of the malcontents (please
just a joke!). Change is a good thing and very necessary in leading edge
technology, but I would like to have "Rapid Dude" continue to lead.
When you consider the large sums of money spent by companies to purchase and
support the equipment in this industry, $100. is pocket change. If you get one
business contact or a solution to one problem the donation can be considered as
a legitimate expense, either as R&D or Sales expense.
I am in for the donation, and also expect those who have benefited from the list
to donate also. Keep up the good work and let us know where and how to transfer
the funds.

Thanks,
Lee Eisinger
President