Re: a concise description of a buildable RP file

From: m-imamura@sinto.co.jp
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 08:21:54 EEST

$B!d(BI recently heard about a high density laser application
$B!d(Bwhere they cut a layer to build a wine glass that
$B!d(Bwas 2 microns in diameter.....

this is not laser but ion beam what was joint work with NEC, Seiko and Himeji
Institute of Technology.

best regards

Imamura

"Steven Adler \( A3DM \)" <adler@a3dm.com> 2001/04/20 12:26:57

      <rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi>
cc $B!'(B $B!J(Bbcc$B!':#B<(B $B@5?M!K(B
$B7oL>(B $B!'(B Re: a concise description of a buildable RP file

MLers

The problem with defining a "buildable RP file" is that it dependant on the
system in use. On my RTM I can build a free standing vertical wall at 0.004.
and what about the realm of nano technology. I recently heard about a high
density laser application where they cut a layer to build a wine glass that
was 2 microns in diameter.....

It is truly in the eyes of the system owner to determine what is "buildable"

Steven Adler CEO
Automated 3D Modeling
adler@a3dm.com
www.a3dm.com