Re: a concise description of a buildable RP file

From: Tom Richards (thoms1991@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 02:42:13 EEST

Jon,
I suggest that you view stl files in a viewer program such as Solid View,
taking ample cross-sections to understand the part and to measure its fine
details. If you see facets on curved surfaces you need to obtain a larger
and therefore more accurate file. Then you must know the properties of the
materials of construction of the RP processes available to you and their
accuracy, resolution (radius of intersections) and surface finish
capabilities. Then you can make judgments as to suitability for your need.
Best Regards, Tom Richards, Metallurgist