a concise description of a buildable RP file

From: Charles Overy (cwho@groundworkmedia.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 01:41:37 EEST

Hello List,

I was hoping that someone had a concise description that I could use (either
plagiarize or with credit!) or even www link that I could use on our website
to describe what constitutes a buildable RP CAD file. I know that is a
REALLY loaded question that depends on the RP system and preprocessing
etc... but what I am looking for is a general way to explain to my clients,
architects, what a "watertight" .stl file is. I am not so worried about
the repair of bad normals etc but about the general concept.

Many thanks

Charles