Hygroscopic swelling of Ciba/Vantico SL5180

From: Steve Stewart (steve@protogenic.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 19:35:52 EEST

Hello,

I remember at NASUG a few years ago, a presentation by (I think) Thomas Pang
of Ciba in which the swelling of SL5180 had been quantified. I cannot seem
to find the graphs and data. Anybody out there know where they might be?

The major question we'd like to answer for one of our Customers is how much
a model made of 5180 will ultimately grow due to moisture absorption
(assuming it does eventually stabilize).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve Stewart steve@protogenic.com
protogenic, inc. http://www.protogenic.com
1490 w. 121 ave., suite 101 phone:303-252-0212
westminster, co 80234 fax:303-252-0223