Re: Another question

From: Allan E W Rennie (allan.rennie@bcuc.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 13:34:44 EEST

Ian(s) and list,

You're absolutely correct about the dual material vacuum casting. I believe its
termed 'overmoulding'. We've had success with this process for a variety of
materials - we even had some success coating copper inserts.

Only problem with the process though is that you need two master patterns to go
forward to produce two silicon rubber tools. Ups the cost slightly, but is
worth it when you get your finished parts.

Allan.

--
Allan E W Rennie
Research Engineer