Re: AMD 4.0 stl settings

From: Rafael Santillan (rsanti@3drapid.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 19:18:55 EEST

Dear Ross

I do agree with Marineer, a facetreee of 5 to 6 is
normaly good enough from Mechanical Desktop.
however the size is not too bad if you can zip it.
I do recomend you download the WinRAR which can
compress the STL up to the 10% from its original size.

regards.

Mensaje citado por: Ross Nicholls <RossN@mnl.co.uk>:

> Dear All,
>
> a customer of ours is trying to create an stl file
for a small component.
> Normally I would have estimated only 1/2 a meg for
the file size only they
> are coming out with a binary file size of 27Mb.
>
> Can anyone give me some optimum settings for the
following parameters from
> AutoDesk Mechanical Desktop 4.0
>
> Angular Tolerance
> Aspect Ratio
> Surface Tolerance
> Vertex Spacing
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Ross Nicholls
> General Manager
> Malcolm Nicholls Limited
> Waterloo Ind. Est.
> Bidford-on-Avon
> Warwickshire
> B50 4JH
> T 01789 490382
> F 01789 490130
> E ross@mnl.co.uk
> W www.mnl.co.uk

* Dr. Rafael Santillan, Phone: 52-42-226774 *
* Director 3D RAPID Fax: 52-42-226774 *
* Mobile: 52-42-366015 *
* Email: rsanti@3drapid.com *
* Address: Priv. Martin Carrera 105, *
* Colonia Presidentes *
* City: Queretaro,Qro. MEXICO. Zip. 76080 *
* WEB: http://www.3drapid.com *