Re: Core Cavity Creation From STL

From: Mark Zeiner (MarkZ@IdeasMold.com)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 06:14:42 EEST

Oliver and RP'ers

        We use SDRC Ideas VGX Core/Cavity Software to quickly create core cavity and partingline data for Injection Molds. I know there are a few software tools that work with STL files but we prefer to Split the Core/Cavity in the original CAD system so that the same partingline data can be used for the production tool and the Rapid prototype tools. We provide this service and would be happy to take a look at your 3D Data.

Mark Zeiner
MarkZ@IdeasMold.com
www.IdeasMold.com