RE: [Fwd: grey scale to 3d photo shop plug in]

From: michaelrees@earthlink.net
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 20:14:01 EET

Dear list,

for those of you who want to look further than the photoshop plug in please read the following article:

Rees, Michael, Shape Displacement Shading, Prototyping Technology International, March 1998, issue 3.

this technology is known as shaped displacement shading and gives mixed results. It can be good for texturing but lousy at creating a 3d portrait from photography. As usual, it takes hard work to make anything good.

I don't have the article in electronic format so please contact the british publisher.

best,michaelrees