Direct Manufacturing of Award

From: Ben Staub (ben@bastech.com)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 18:25:25 EET

To all,

We recently finished an interesting project At BASTECH that I thought most
would enjoy seeing. The project was to create a one of a kind “trophy” for
the first annual national Dunbar award. The award consisted of miniature
artifacts from Paul L. Dunbar (a famous writer / poet from Dayton ), which
were reverse engineered and built with DTM’s SLS LaserForm ST-100 process.
The completed “trophy” turned out beautiful and really showed the detail
that can be obtained from the process.

Part of the reason this technique was chosen was to show the link with the
unique manufacturing methods RP&M and the compliment it can have with the
world of Arts and Literature. The award ceremony brought a lot of attention
to Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing in the Dayton Ohio area and around
the country. It is an annual award so this will occur yearly with a new
award recipient.

For images and more information on the award and ceremony see the BASTECH
web page.

The direct link is: www.bastech.com/whatsnew.htm
<http://www.bastech.com/whatsnew.htm>

Ben Staub