Exhibition Announcement

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 03:59:34 EET

Mathematical Model Exhibition

I wanted to let the list know that my black and white photos of a PLASTER MATHEMATICAL MODEL COLLECTION (c. 1880) are currently on view at Quackenbushes Cafe in Hyde Park, in Austin.

The photos are accompanied by ONE EXACT REPLICA of a series in the collection that I have re-created (in ZCorp's starch material), as well as four smaller prototypes in SLA resin materials.

I am looking to complete the project by finishing the other nine models in this series and am looking to the list for some kindness in helping me assemble all ten models from this series, so they can be displayed in all their curvaceous beauty at an exhibition for the SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE at the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN.

My hope is that nine firms/individuals will sign on for one of these (120cm x 120cm x 150cm) in ZCorp's starch material or any other process that someone may be able to contribute to the exhibition.

I can credit all involved and am sure your good karma will be returned.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jonathan Chertok
chertok22@hotmail.com
chertok122@netscape.net