FDM/ABS heat deflection

From: Bradley Van Dike (bvandike@yazaki-na.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 22:04:59 EET

Please Help
I am looking for the heat deflection temperature of Stratasys's P400 (ABS).
I checked out their web page and under the the materials specifications page they list a Softening point of 220 F, but there is no mention of heat deflection.
I went on to do a search for "heat deflection" on their web page. The only thing I was able to come up with was in a paper by Paul Blake Investment casting using FDM/ABS Rapid Prototype Patterns On page six there is a table with standard ABS specifications that says the heat deflection temperature is 180 F, and there is also a comparitive FDM/ABS specifications table that does not list heat deflection.
Does anyone have this information that is willing to share?

Thanks in advance.

Brad Van Dike
Yazaki North America
734.983.1704