RE: parts levels

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 23:41:59 EET

Here's how I label them:

1) communication tool (touchy, feely, looky)
2) mockup/fit check
3) functional model or prototype (test use only)
4) master pattern (for casting, molding, or lay-up)
5) production use (tools, molds, or real, live end-use products)

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Quick is not good if you're going the wrong way.
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company M/C 17-PE B-2T65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365