Re: RP and Thermoforming

From: Doug Groh (douggroh@rapid.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 19:09:09 EET

Currently I have used SLA Masters to vacform several different parts. I am most
pleased with the application of using the sla as a cavity to vacform a
woodgrained abs film into, and then we trimmed the thermoformed shell and loaded
it into a composite tool and injected an abs behind it creating a door switch
bezel for prototype. It looked like a production part.
I also used sal while i was at 3D Systems for a number of different
applications. However I am not sure i can talk about those.

Doug Groh