Re: Autodesk Inventor?

From: Wayne Ward (wward1@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 21:49:24 EET

Mick,

I'm sorry I can't answer your question about Inventer, but I'm very interested in the responses that you get. I have been using Solid Edge for about 4 years and have recently become a reseller. I have found that when we use a piece of software for a period of time we become increasinlgy comfortable with it and develop a certain bias, I admit I have a bias toward Solid Edge. There is a huge bias toward Autodesk products because AutoCad has been out there so long. My question is for those that have recently evaluated different 3-D packages and feel they can offer an unbiased opinion. What are factors that are most important to you when choosing ( initial cost, maintence cost, training cost, ease of use, compatability with other software, etc.)? Also, what aspect of 3-D CAD software in general do you find lacking, in other words , what do you wish that they could do that they can't do yet.

Wayne Ward
wward1@airmail.net
Pinnacle Design Group
12025 Shiloh Road