Re: 3D announces purchase of Optoform

From: Bob Cratchit (bob_cratchit@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 18:56:36 EET

Dear list

I was very interested to see all the comment about 3D Systems purchase of
Optoform. Can anyone confirm that 3D Systems will now be moving into the
production of organic matter on their machines from now on?

I think that I am correct in saying that the 3DP process could easily be
adapted to work with organic materials to produce custom made food, but now
it looks likely that some some other organisations are moving this way too.
Who's next and is anyone else working in this area?

Many regards
Bob
-----------------
Dear Sirs,

I do not know about the Optofirm.
But it seems to be grass filled resin tooling system.
This system had been used in Japan during so long.
Teijinseiki and D-mec feeds the material.
User, such as Moltec or MItusubosi have a long experience, if it collect the
technology.

Best regards,

Imamura

"Mark Wynn" <mwynn@yazaki-na.com> 2001/02/14 23:02:24