A gentle reminder call for participation

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 17:59:01 EET

Joe has worked hard on this project and we have about 5-7 inserts of
various types that will be showcased during the show. Just so you do not
come to the show and say, "I didn't know about this." Anyone who makes an
RP insert can have it used during the show.

Subject: RPML Co-op Project for RP&M 2001

Let's make a cooperative impact at the RP&M '01 Show and demonstrate the
Rapid capabilities of Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing to the product
development world. We are looking for RPML participants to showcase RP&M's
value in product development, prototyping and manufacturing using rapid
tooling at next year's SME/RPA show in Cincinatti, Ohio. All steps in
product development, prototyping and tooling should be documented with data
and pictures. We plan to make this event a real showstopper.

Imagine the following scenario or make up your own:

Step 1.
Design a RPML plaque, membership card or desk item
Produce prototypes
Produce inserts in one or more of the rapid tooling processes
SLA, SLS, FDM, LOM, or other
Epoxy, Ren, or other
Keltool, RapidSteel, LENS, or other
HSM, DMD, custom systems (yet unknown to exist)
Surprise us (would have to be verifiable through documentation)

Step 2.
The inserts would have a small pocket to accommodate dropping in a
hand-loaded insert.

Step 3.
RPML people walk into the show with SLA, SLS, etc. inserts sized for the
hand loaded pocket with personalized mold and we produce a limited number
(amount to be defined) of items.

Step 4.
RP vendors could produce inserts during the show for attendees so attendees
could actually walk out of the show with personalized RAPID molded parts!

Mini-Jector mold bases sizes are as follows: Narrow with 7" Long Base; Wide
with 7" Long Base; Wide with 10" Long Base. Current demo molding machine
has a maximum shot capacity of 1 ounce or 1.73 cubic inches. If a larger
shot is required, we can get a 2ounce machine for the show. Drawings for
mold bases are included on the next page.

Contacts:
Joseph P. Frantz, President E-mail: joe@frantzind.com
FRANTZ INDUSTRIES, INC. Established in 1957
Rapid Tooling & Plastic Injection Molding & Mini-Jector Molding Machines
45 Pleasant Drive Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022-3025
Telephone: (440) 247-2202 or (800) RAPID 50 Facsimile: (440) 247-2294

Elaine T. Hunt, Director Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
ehunt@clemson.edu Clemson University 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson,
SC 29634-0925 864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.

  Hell is truth learned too late. John Locke

Elaine T. Hunt, Director elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/persall/persall.html
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/rp/
http://www.vr.clemson.edu/credo/rp.html