Problems sending mail

From: PUNEET TANDON (ptandon@lycos.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 06:23:55 EET

Hello

We, the subscribers of RP Mailing List from IIT Kanpur, India, are having a problem while sending mails to RPML (my email: puneett@iitk.ac.in). After findling a lot I am able to find the cause of the problem. The problem is that IIT Kanpur server is hidden behind a fire wall and no one can see it. The rpml system after getting the mail tries to identify the server and couldnot locate the host name from IP address and taking it as spurious mail rejects the mail. This problem start coming since the time in RPML we get multiple copies of the same mail and hence some corrective actions were taken. It was temporarly overcome for some time and then it again resurfaced. Can you please look into the matter and help us solve this problem? At our end its getting difficult as they have enforced it as a policy matter and finding it tough to change.

I have requested Dr. Anshuman Razdan also and he had mailed to you on our behalf also.

Thanks and regards
Puneet Tandon
C/o Prof Sanjay G Dhande
Research Scholar