Re: Supports in lightyear

From: Pat Warner (pat.warner@benettonformula.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 16:14:03 EET

Karl,
You should be able to build to 508 x 508 although I'm sure 3D would not recommend it! I have certainly built to 507 on more than one occasion.
You may find that turning off braces will fix your problem, as the braces tend to overhang the extents of your part. I personally prefer to have braces off by default, I find this aids my platform packing, but you do need to take more care with editing.

I hope this is of help

Pat

Pat Warner
CAD/CAM Engineer
Benetton Formula 1
Enstone
Oxon
U.K.
OX7 4EE

Tel 01608 678000 ext. 5152
Fax 01608 678514
E-mail pat.warner@benettonformula.com

>>> <KDenton@williams-int.com> 05/02/2001 21:47:23 >>>
Hello all,

I have a part that is bigger then the platform of an SLA500 by ¼" and need
to support it. LightYear refuses to do that because the part is larger then
the platform. Any suggestions? I do not want to split the part so refrain
from giving that suggestion.

Karl

This email message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary and/or confidential
information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply
email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well
as any attachment(s) to the original message.

For further information on Benetton Formula 1 visit our web site at www.benettonf1.com. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please destroy and notify Benetton Formula on +44 1608678000.